Had history of DVT. DVLT done for upper and lower leg to close the damaged veins. Legs is darker. Suggest the cure?

Dec 2012

hi Dr., I need answer. I had history of DVT/PE since 2009. mostly in my right leg. just a month ago , I had DLVT done in my upper and lower leg to close the damaged veins. I work 2 days a week walking and standing all day. my continues shows warmth, swollen. I don't think my blood flow toward my heart. my leg is getting darker!.. what is your answer
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Poor venous circulation due to DVT

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am sorry for your troubles and I am pleased to be able to assist you with your health problem.
With a history of DVT and PE, there is always a likelihood of recurrence hence it is advised to place you permanently of anticoagulants to prevent this. If the cause of the DVT was occluded veins with clot formation, then it is possible that blood flow through the vein can be hindered even with a DLVT done.
If your legs are getting darker, it is sign that there is low blood and oxygen supply to your leg. I suggest you see your doctor again as soon as possible for immediate intervention before complications develop any further.

Hope this info helps you and please feel free to write back if you have any follow-up questions.
Dr. Nsah