Had high TSH during pregnancy. On erythocin. Suggest exercise or diet to substitute it?

I had TSH levels at 25 during my pregnancy , in 2005. now it is under control. I am on erythocin from then. Can u suggest me some exercise or food so that I dont want to have these medicines going forward.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Mildly increased TSH levels are commonly seen in pregnancy. Since that happened 7 years ago, you should now get your TSH levels evaluated again to see the current trends.
To help control your thyroid hormone levels through diet, you can have a well-balanced diet consisting of seeds, nuts and grains, vegetables and fruits like orange, XXXXXXX pineapple and grapes may be taken.

Bananas, avocado, mango, sage herb help to stimulate the thyroid gland.

Spirulina also is good since it contains high amount of Iodine.

Foods that are high in Vitamin B like meat, dairy products, soy bean, cereals, whole grains, beans, pulses, tuna, salmon, herring, nuts, seeds, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, corn, okra, parsnips, grapes, raspberries, watermelons, guavas, dates, grapefruit and avocadoes are good to eat.

You should avoid certain foods that include white flour products, white sugar, flesh foods, fried or greasy foods, preserves, condiments, tea, coffee and alcohol, all refined foods, pickles, alcoholic beverages and smoking.

Iodine is undoubtedly most helpful in many cases, but it should be introduced in organic form. All foods containing Iodine should be taken liberally.

These are asparagus, cabbage, carrots, garlic, onion, oats, pineapple, whole rice, tomatoes, watercress, strawberries and Asparagus.

The protein foods should be confined to cheese, peas, beans, lentils and nuts. All flesh proteins must be avoided.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.