Had hepatitis B and later had jaundice. Taking Amlicure DS. SGPT is more. Having fear of cihrossis. Advise?

I had Hep B in 2000 and itbecame in 6 months. Both hep B and C virus was tested negative. But my SGPT level varied from 54 to 80 and I was continued to drink alcohol twice weekly. Again on 2007, I had Hep a jaundice and after cure I again started taking alcohol once /twice a week. In between when the SGPT crossed 80, i stopped alcohol for some tine and with slight reduction againd continued alcohol. Recently I had sgpt = 75 around 1.5 months back and I stopped alcohol since then and took medicine Amlicure DS (thrice daily) also did rigorous work out and lose 4.5 kg wt in 1.5 months. Today I did the test again and surprisingly the SGPT is 85 now. Is it a matter of grave concern as my SGPT is more or less elevated since last 11-12 years. I have fear of cihrossis although I don't have any other problem or symptom. Pls advise.
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Alcohol & HBV increases risk of Cirrohsis& Cancer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear,

Welcome to the platform of Health Care Magic.

You have suffered with hepatitis several times and your SGPT is always slightly raised.
This slightly raised SGPT may be because of chronic persistent hepatitis.

Alcohol induced hepatitis and cirrhosis is a concern these days as such cases are on rise.

Recently raised SGPT could be because of vigorous workout.

In my opinion one should be more cautious if he is having deranged LFT for a long time. Any time it can change in to cirrhosis and further in to liver cancer.

Excessive alcohol could be a trigger factor for such serious illness.

Hope for the best.

Please feel free for more clarification.

Follow-up: Had hepatitis B and later had jaundice. Taking Amlicure DS. SGPT is more. Having fear of cihrossis. Advise? 7 hours later
Is there ant chance that I already have cirhossis with this elevated sgpt or if I stop alcohol I can avoid it. I had Hep B and Hep C tested negative. With my existing condition (elevated SGPT ~ 85) is there any thing to worry about right now ?
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to stop alcohol

Detailed Answer:
Ultrasound upper abdomen will reveal the exact status of cirrhosis.
Mildly raised SGPT is indicator of some liver cells damage could be because of some cirrhosis or chronic persistant hepatitis etc.

Right now with 85 SGPT nothing much to worry but better to avoid liver toxic agents like alcohol to prevent further damage.

Hope for the best,

Dr Irshad H Naqvi