Had heart attack. Will ginger capsules help in recovery?

I had a heart attack at the beginning of May and I have heard that ginger capsuals will assist with my recovery. Is this correct or not.
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 57 minutes later
Respected Sir
1. The standard literature and text books of cardiology, as yet, do not recommend ginger as a therapy to treat or prevent attacks in patients of coronary artery disease or heart attack.
2. There are few studies that demonstrated antioxidant properties of ginger. In one study ginger in a dose of 10 grams per day (powdered form) was able to reduce platelet aggregation (an event in our blood vessels during heart attack), but beyond this nothing was demonstrated. If it really helps in preventing future heart attacks or decrease symptoms/death rate in those who already suffered a heart attack, is not proven.
3. Hence there is no proven role for ginger in heart attack patients as per current modern medicine concepts.
Hope this clarifies the doubts. Please feel free to discuss further.