Had heart attack. Put stent. Feeling nauseated. Should I be concerned?

I am a 57 year old man who had a heart attack 6 months ago in which the doctor put a stent in my heart (I have 2 small arteries instead of 1 large one at the bottom of my heart). I have been feeling extremely nauseated for the past 24 hours and even vomited. Should I be concerned that it could be another heart attack? I have been traveling a lot the past 3 weeks on business.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 18 minutes later
Dear Sir
1. A continuous nausea for 24 hours with vomiting is not a typical feature of acute coronary syndrome (heart attack) but by no means denies it 100%. An associated chest discomfort, shortness of breath, excessive sweating all increase the probability of an acute heart event. An associated loose motions increases chances of stomach upset.
2. Chances of an event are based on the probability of symptoms being attributable to a given condition. They can not be applied to an individual with 100% surety.
3. I would recommend you to visit emergency room (ER) to get examined and get some basic investigations for your problem. That will not only help in ruling out a heart attack but will also help in know the cause of nausea and vomiting.
Feel free to discuss further.