Had heart attack. Having neck pain. Pain increases when chin touches the chest. Advice

O.K An 86 year old woman has had a small heart attack two weeks ago .Blood Pressure 105/50 when she left hospital.
She has been home for 3 Days and now has neck pain up the back of her neck.Panadol relieves it but doesn't take the pain away. Unstable on her feet and light headed. No pain in her chest or down her arms.
She cannot put her chin on her chest.
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be a cervical vertebral problem

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Its good that she good recovered from her heartattack. The pain in her neck which she is reporting now
1. At the back of neck
2. Increases when chin touches the chest
3. Getting relieved by pandolol
4. Light headedness
Now all these pain symptoms suggest that there is a problem in your cervical vertbral area. This causes compression of the intervertebral nerve roots.
She will need hot compreses and cervical exercises. Doesnt seem to. Be a heart prroblem again. But the fact that she recently had a heart attack suggests that ones she should get a repeat ECG. If thats fine then in future she need not bother about this pain being cardiac.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.