Had heart attack. Getting needle pricking sensation in heart. Is this related to stent?

Nov 2013

My heart stings like someone is pocking it with a needle. I'm concerned because I had a heart attack last year and want to know if this is related to the stent
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 34 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your current symptoms is myalgia (related to muscle aches) in the chest wall region.

Pain or discomfort due to heart is located in the retrosternal region (Center of the chest), and it may radiate to the arm.

So, right now, there is no need to worry. However, if you develop any pain in the Center of the chest, which increases on exertion, then you should consult a doctor.

I hope it helps. I would be glad to answer if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM