Had heart attack. Been on metoprolol tartrate and clopidogrel. Having leg cramps. Feeling weak. What to do?

I had a small heart attack in 19 months ago and I have been on metoprolol tartrate 25 mg twice a day and clopidogrel 75 mg once a day. I feel tried most of the time and I have been having lower leg cramps on the side of my lower leg above the ankle bone during the night. Legs feel heavy during the day and weak. Is there any relation to these symtoms and the drugs I am taking.
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Fatigue is at times a symptom of beta blockers (metoprolol) / your dose is small and you need to continue it in view of the past heart attack.
Disorder of electrolytes (sodium, potassium) is a possibility...
Statins (given for cholesterol) are a common cause of leg cramps...
Peripheral Arterial Disease (narrowing of the blood vessels of the legs), from the same pathology affecting the heart, has to be considered – You may need a Doppler study of the lower limb arteries

Discuss with your doctor

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck