Had headaches. Having blurry vision and eye muscle unable to focus. Ears feel clogged and dizzy. Brain tumor?

I had headaches come and go for the last month. I now have blurry vision and my left eye muscle fees funny to focus. My ears feel clogged & I'm dizzy.eorried of brain tumor
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later
thanks for the query,

A common and initial symptom of brain tumor is headache. But then the vast complain of headache is unrelated to brain tumors. Headaches that are related to brain tumors do not response to normal pain killer drugs such as paracetamol, ibuprofen, codeine etc.

Visual problems also are a common symptom of brain tumor and most often results from the compression of the optic nerve and cranial nerve VI. However, these symptoms are generally associated with increase pressure in the cranium which is associated with vomiting and characteristic headaches.

Other possible symptoms of brain tumor include;
-loss of speech
-decrease or loss of hearing
-decrease or loss of vision
-problem of balance or walking
-loss of memory
-loss of function or weakness of limb
-change in personality or ability to concentrate

However, theses symptoms are found in several other conditions and one or two symptoms in an individual does not indicate absolutely that there is brain tumor.

Brain tumor is diagnosed using a CT scan which will show an image off the brain and if there is any abnormality it will be seen.

Problems with refraction of light at the level of the eye could cause headaches with ocular pain. This could also be a possible cause of your symptoms.

In my opinion, i will advice you XXXXXXX your doctor to order you a CT scan of the head and that you also see an ophthalmologist for detail eye examination.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i shall be glad to respond.

Best regards