Had headache at forehead and hurts with cough. Feel fluid in head and ears. Suggest?

I have had a headache now for about 4 is located at the top of me forhead area where you would wear a head band it hurts more if I cough. I also feel like there is fluid in my head or ears but my ears don't bother me. I have never been one to get headaches.please help!
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation...

Detailed Answer:

Constant headache for 4 week is concerning; and it needs evaluation.

Practically, pain that is felt like a tight band around the forehead occurs with tension headache; however I have seen that tension headache do not last for more than 2-3 days. As you have this ache constantly for close to 4 weeks, I would order routine investigations at the earliest. Complete hemogram, ESR and CT scan of head would be the first set of test that I would consider. If the local physician cannot write a prescription to guide you, you can fix an appointment with a neurologist and get those done.

In the interim you can use round the clock painkiller - tylenol pain relief every 6-8 hours to control pain and avoid strenuous physical exercise.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.