Had headache and dizziness. Feeling tired, body pain and unable to sleep. Cause and cure?

Dec 2014

Last week I had headaches and started feeling dizzy. Now I feel I have no energy, I am tired, I cant get warm, my body feels sore all over. All I want to do i sleep
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 19 minutes later
Welcome to Health Care Magic.

You are 23 and had headache and dizziness last week. You are having tiredness, having body aches and you are not able to sleep. These symptoms in a young person can occur due to a number of reasons like, and we have to rule out them one by one-
- Anaemia and nutritional deficiencies are main causes. Low hemoglobin, low Vitamin B12 levels, low folate levels all predispose to such vague symptoms. I will advise you to get your blood investigations done for Hb, Vitamin B12 levels, folate levels.
- Dizziness, headache, lack of energy, body aches may also occur due to episode of Migraine headache. Although more details are required for definitive diagnosis.
- It may occur due to some infection. Mainly in viral infections flu like symptoms are seen. Malaise may be present along with fever. But as you are not having fever so chances of this possibility are less.
- Although rare at your age but Hypertension may be a cause

You are also having problem of sleep. For sleep, various medicines are available. Zolpidem, zopiclone are the medicines, which are used, in early insomnia and these can be taken for some days to induce sleep. But these medicines should be taken under guidance of a doctor only. They are comparatively less addictive and they don't alter sleep cycle. Second thing to improve sleep, Improve sleep hygiene. Like fix your time to go to bed, avoid day time sleep, don't have tea/coffee/aerated drinks in evening, light walk in evening will help, use bed only for sleeping, don't watch TV or read books in night. Try to do these things your sleep will improve otherwise visit a doctor for medicines for some time.

For your complaint visit a doctor. Get investigations done for Hb, Vitamin B12, folate levels, Thyroid hormone levels, Liver function tests etc. Get your BP checked to rule out any high BP.

Thanks, hope I cleared your doubt, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi MD