Had headache and checked blood pressure. Is it normal?

I have had a headache most of the evening and i just checked my blood pressure and its 130/100
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Life style modification,Evaluation required,Drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hi thanks for using XXXXXXX
I went through the query and understood your concern.

1. BP of 130 / 100 suggests diastolic hypertension. You need to get examined for BP again at different time points to know whether it is sustained through out the day or that was single episode.
If it is sustained I advice you to consult your doctor for complete physical examination once and then to give antihypertensive drug if required like CCB (Amlodepine) or other drugs. This will help in reducing the BP and hence head ache.

2. You need to avoid any stressful situation, have adequate sound sleep (continuous 6- 8 hour sleep), have plenty of fluids and fruits and do regular out door exercises. Avoid junk food and food XXXXXXX in salt. Your mental and physical health should be good. These will help you.

3. I advice you to visit your nearest doctor once to get complete physical and ophthalmic examination (slit lamp, refraction and retinoscopy).

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.
If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Wish you a very happy life and good health.