Had head pressure after head injury. Did sudden excercise relieve the pain?

Hi,lMy name is XXXXXXX Buckmiller.I'm 60 years of age.I was a pretty hard body builder.My body is in great shape, but my mind is the problem.In 2008 XXXXXXX In here SUV,a women backed over me when I was standing still directly behind her on my motorcycle.It caused two blood vessels to break in the head.The doctors operated on me to clear the presser and do all the rest of the work that he needed to do.For the first to years I continued to have a great deal of problems with poor eye site.My right eye wanted to look a different way then the left.I have continued to have griping pains and a good deal of poor walking problems as well as other problems.After two years of rehab I was seeing a small light of the tunnel to a recovery.My rehab management nurse a doctor decided to try another treatment to help my condition.They sent me to a doctor to give me six novacaine shots in the back of the head.On the same day that I had the treatment afterward I went to a cafe to have dinner.When I got out of the car my neck, almost by itself my head an neck very strongly,my eyes closed and seemed wanted to go back into my head.On that day my condition has turned much much worse.I'm going through each day with head pressure build ups,the neck,the back of the head,the constant soreness in the sides of the neck and the jaws, top and bottom grind every day.On Friday of last week to Monday of this week I had the worst intense pain and pressure of the head that I have had even since the start of this beginning rehab after the surgery.On the Monday of this week I said to myself," I have to do something to fight this pain".In the middle of my short walk while on stepper,most of the intense pressure in my body,the big head pressure and most enerything else almost went away.How is that possible?I have thought all along that a good deal of my problem dealt with blood flow in the body.Did the sudden exercise that I was doing relieve the pressure some where?Sure I still have the crazyness in my body right now and do every day but what changed with the sudden exercise?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello Mr XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

I understand you want to know the reason of your sudden normalcy and the relation of it to your exercise or not.

Firstly, let me congratulate you for being a true fighter not just with your body building but with the way you have fought out of the accident. I tell you its your body built before the accident that saved you more than anything else. Not an exaggeration, but with that neck muscle tone of yours - and 2 vessels repaired in surgery, I do not have doubts that if it were of a normal built - many vessels would have had to be repaired.

Now, that Procaine injections I am sure were given to make all that real pain go numb. So, that you will not experience even normal sensation, more than cutting out the pain. Now, if you learn how the body repairs itself bit by bit after any trauma - you will realize the first to get healed is the skin and then fascia (under skin) and then muscles with the repaired vessels, and then the last is the damaged nerves which take the longest time since trauma to get back the normal sensation of everything in place.

It is this very feeling that you have experienced through these years of recovery - that those nerve fibers in construction were taking time to relay the right signals to your brain about the changes that were occurring in the muscles and tissues over time.

You might ask - why then suddenly did you feel normal. When repair is gradual.

For this, you have to understand the right tone of your neck muscles - that is unique for every person. Different people have different set tones. So, I must believe that your repair had been done and that your mind was just taking its time to see that real tone is ready. And when your body was ready mentally for your pre-accident exercising that you normally have been doing so long, it gave back your feeling of normalcy all of a sudden - which you experienced as sudden pressure release.

I have some suggestions for you:
1. Get your eyes checked regularly. I suspect squint should be reviewed.
2. Stick to the physio's plan of professionally upgrading your exercise regimen.
3. Some mental trauma is inevitable after every accident - so set some good therapy with a professional psychologist if you need so.
4. Have your neck reviewed with that surgeon just to make sure all is right, if your mind insists.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.