Had head injury when I was child. Have dent in middle of skull. Should I be concerned?

when I was a child I aquired a head injury. there is dent in the middle of my skull where a babies soft spot would be. Today I am 44 and it has become very tender. should I be concern. I was never seen by a doctor about this injury.
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 4 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It will be nice of you if you will elaborate your childhood injury, what had happened exactly.
I assume that the previous head injury was not that serious and since then you did not had any symptoms related to that. I think the present tenderness is not related to the head injury.
As you have mentioned it is tender, hairline fracture should be rule out and such
pain can also be seen in folliculitis of the scalp.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Had head injury when I was child. Have dent in middle of skull. Should I be concerned? 9 hours later
I was jumping on a bed and through myself backwards, I hit the corner of the window pane. There was bleeding, my oldest sister at the time, 16, applied a damp cool cloth. My dad was there, but all he did was get mad and walk away. there is a dent there about the size of a quarter maybe slightly bigger. How do I know if I had any symptom I was seven at the time and Had never seen a doctor. And my dad never checked to see if I was ok. My mother was no longer with us, as my parent were divorced.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 hours later
Good to hear from you.

In that i advice you to visit the physician for examination also to exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile i advice you not to touch or to press the area with hand.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.