Had head and voice tremors. Why is it in one hand only? Taking metformin, aspirin, simvistatin. What now?

I am 62 and have had a head and voice tremor for about a year sometimes worse than others but always present. I have a tremor in my right hand which is very fine at rest always shakes when I hold something but at times when I hold a coffee cup or glass my right hand will shake violently and I will slop liquid everywhere and I cant control it. Very fine tremor in my left hand but no problems holding things, no violent tremor in my left hand. These seem to be my only symptoms. I have type 2 diabetes and take Metformin, a daily asprin, simvistatin, and triamterine hydrochlothiozide.
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 11 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

You have got a movement disorder and differential diagnosis will include Parkinson's disease and related disorders. Having head tremors are unusual.

You should be checked up by a neurologist. Based on clinical examination, he may advise a few tests also. Based on final diagnosis, treatment will be started which will help in improving your symptoms.

Good wishes