Had hard lump on butt cheek which was deep ingrown hair. Painful and sting with bleeding. Suggest?

I had a hard lump show up Friday morning on my inner left butt cheek - it's not near my anus at all. It really didn't have a head formed on it and my husband and I figured it was a deep ingrown hair. It was painful and would "sting" all day. This morning I woke up and it's bleeding some now. What could this be?
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be a boil or abscess

Detailed Answer:
From the description, it seems to be a boil or may be an abscess. Both of these occur due to bacterial infection of hair follicle.
To treat the same, you may follow these suggestions
Do warm water compresses of the lesion atleast thrice in a day and apply mupirocin or fusidic acid cream over affected area.
if its too painful, take a painkiller like ibuprofen/ Brufen.

This would help in drainage of lesion, thus releasing the contents helping in resolution of lesion.

If with these steps the lesion does not drain in two to three dys, please XXXXXXX a doctor nearby so that an oral antibiotic can be prescribed and if required lesion can be incised and drained.

Hope this helped.