Had hair loss before starting dexamethasone and it helped but not much. Can stopping dexamethasone cause hair loss?

Can stopping dexamethasone cause hair loss? I had hair loss before starting it and it helped some but not much. My hair will thicken up and fall out again. I stopped the dexamethasone and now the hair loss has really taken off. What can I do to stop it before I go bald?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Dexamethasone may/maynot cause hair fall/growth.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to the platform of XXXXXXX

Dexamethasone is a steroid, if taken orally for long time is going to have lot of systemic side effects.

Some steroids given intradermal route at local site are known for some growth of hairs.
Hair loss of scalp is vaguely attributed to some male hormonal effects or some unhygienic maintenance of hairs like fungal infection od scalp.

Regular massage of the scalp will improve the mirocirculation of scalp and thus may help in growth of some hairs.

Some vitamins intake like Calcium Pantothenate and Biotin are prescribed frequently for the maintenance of Hairs. So these can be used with advice of dermatologist.

Hope the answer is of some help for you.

Fell free for query clarification.