Had groin pain, pain is more while walking or standing. Noticed sore testicles. What is this?

My husband has had groin pain for a good 2 years. It seems to worsen when he stands or walks. His dr. sent him for an MRI 1 year ago and found nothing. Why does he suffer with it still? He also says his testicle is sore at times.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

He deserves a proper clinical evaluation. It would be preferable if this is done by a visceral surgeon or a general surgeon. A hidden unrevealed hernia must be carefully excluded. A careful examination of this area to excluded a testicular mass, a testicular cyst or an enlarged groin lymph node needs to be done.

The association of the pain to standing and walking points towards a mechanical origin, compatible most like with a hernia. I am afraid a clinical examination rather than an MRI is more suitable in making an appropriate diagnosis.

I suggest you book an appointment with a visceral surgeon or general surgeon for a proper clinical review.

Thanks and hope this helps. feel free asking further questions if need be. wishing him good health and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.