Had gastroendoscopy. Report states polyp in proximal third of esophagus and one nodule in fundus of stomach. Worried about the findings?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I had a gastroendoscopy yesterday and am somewhat concerned. The preliminary report states that I had a 5mm polyp (which was removed) in the proximal third of my esophagus and a 1cm nodule in the fundus of my stomach. The results of the respective biopsies will be available in about one week. How worried should I be about these findings?
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see the details

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Polyp in Oesophagus may be benign only so need not to worry about that. However a nodule of 1 cm in fundus can be benign or can be malignant also. However it will be confirmed after the report of histopathology report. So we will have to wait for the report.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.