Had gastro, vomited, body pain. Later felt weak and tired with grey stools. Why?

my family had gastro a few days ago, myself two days ago i awoke with vomiting and bad body pains the nest day i felt slightly better, the day after that (today) i feel incredibly tired and extremely weak i have a sore throat and neck and my stools are greyish pale?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 38 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of a ‘generalized viral infection’ involving throat and intestines. These types of viral syndromes typically last from as little as 3 days up to sometimes 4 to 6 weeks.

Sore throat might need antibiotics for treatment along with warm saline gargles.

Greyish pale stools are not worrisome and are usually self limiting after the infection subsides. I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.

You can visit your primary physician for a complete physical exam and possibly some blood work if your symptoms are persistent.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health and speedy recovery.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal