Had gastric by pass surgery. Had controlled weight until colonoscopy. Now have gained weight. Cause?

in 1999 i hada gastic by pass surgery. kept my wieght off untill i had a colonoscopy. now im 60lbs about my weight. what happen?? my eating did not change
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some more information!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

Do you mean your weight is 60lbs above or below your weight?

Weight is controlled by a balance between intake and expenditure. Intake is mainly through eating and expenditure mainly through our daily activities/exercise. Except, in cases of another disease process that can justify a gain or a loss, the following examples hold true. You have not mentioned any concerning symptoms to raise the suspicion of any disease.

For example, if my consumption stays the same and I am not exercising or being as active as i were before, I am bound to put on weight though my diet hasn't changed for real. This also holds true if I eat the same amount of food but my exercise/activities increases. I would be bound to loose weight.
So please, take a look at your exercise level and involvement in daily activities if the diet hasn't changed.

I hope this addresses your query fully.
Feel free to ask follow up questions for clarifications.
Dr. Ditah, MD