Had gallbladder surgery with removal of fats. How much time i need for proper rest?

General Surgeon
So I had gallbladder surgery on Tuesday along with removal of infected fat I was just wondering if I needed to stay out of work 6 weeks. I work with preschoolers
Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 1 hour later
Hi ! I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.
It will be helpful if you could tell me if it was an open surgery or a laparoscopic surgery. You have also mentioned about removing some infected fat as well. Presuming that it was a grossly infected gall bladder surgery where they have also removed some infected sub cutaneous fat, I am not sure if the main wound is closed or not. In such cases, usually a rest of 4-6 weeks is recommended by which time the main wound should also heal.
I will be able to guide you more if you could please let me know more details of your operation along with the biopsy report of the gall bladder removed.
Awaiting your reply. Thanks.