Had gallbladder surgery done. Feeling nausea and burning pain above incision. Home remedy?

had gallbladder surgery 2007and now having burning pain above my insension above my belly button. i'm feeling nauses and it hurts anytime I move.
what is this pain? i'm out of my Prilosec. Will tums work or any home remedies?
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending a question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information.

One possible cause of the symptoms you are experiencing is minor scar tissue which might have formed under the incision. If this is the case it might get better on its own or it could possibly persist or get worse. Only time will really tell.

I don't know if acid blocking medication will really work in this setting. You could try taking some toms to see if this helps.

In addition I suggest you try taking a fiber supplement such as Metamucil once daily to see if this actually helps as well.

If your symptoms do not get any better or if things get worse over the next two or three weeks you might need to see your doctor for a good physical Examination and consultation to discuss other issues.

I doubt there's anything worrisome going on but this is something certainly that should be followed closely.

Thanks again for sending your question. If you have any additional concerns regarding this matter I would be happy to discuss those with you.

Dr. Robert