Had gallbladder surgery. Experiencing pain and a feeling of bloating in right side. What can be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
almost 40 years ago I had gallbladder surgery, I was told at that time that because of keloid skin I would more than like have to have surgery at some point in my life to have it removed. recently I have been experiencing pain and a feeling of bloating in my right side sometimes into my back. This is becoming very uncomfortable should I contact my doctor or a surgeon?
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 minutes later
The pain and bloating on the right side that you are having is not likely to be due to keloid formation. This seems to be intraperitoneal in nature. The following are the possibilities
1) Acute Gastrointestinal infection
2) Peptic ulcer disease
3) Renal stones
4) Intra abdominal pathology like fatty liver

You should see your doctor if the symptoms do not reduce for proper investigations like ultrasound scan and some blood tests. Till then check if there is an over the counter antispasmodic available with your pharmacist. Take them after taking fluid diet, three times a day. For pain do a hot fomentation and take light easy to digest oil free food.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.