Had gallbladder removed, vomiting bile and stomach pain. Told to be stomach virus and stay hydrated

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had my gallbladder removed in 2009, but today (8/8/13) I'm vomiting bile. Without seeing me, my doctor's office said it was a stomach virus and to stay hydrated. Is this reasonable? Not vomiting any food, just bile. Severe pain in lower left quadrant of my stomach that radiates around to obliques.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided is suggestive of some form of aggravation of your existing symptoms of gastritis and/or reflux

Considering that there is pain in left lower quadrant there are chances you have collitis also

Collitis is known to be associated with gastritis

Also the fact that you are on regular probiotics if there is collitis you might need to go for a stool examination

Before that I would like to know if there is any associated bowel disturbance ?

Is there any frequency of motion, urgency and or ill formed foul smelling stool ?

Get back to me with this information and will try to help you out