Had gallbladder removed. Raised, itchy and hot bumps appeared on the scars. How to treat this?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi. About 1 yr ago I had my gallbladder removed. 3 small incisions were made and healed fine. Over the last couple of months I will have a small itchy bump rise on one of the scars, then go down and arise on another of the 3 scars then go down and then arise on the 3rd scar and go down. Then it won't happen again for a few more weeks. The bump is itchy and hot and takes a few hours to go down. It's about the size often tip of my finger. Any idea what this is and how I can treat it.
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 38 minutes later

It seems you have undergone Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal

And there are chances it is hypertrophic scar, but if it comes and goes it needs to be evaluated

Get a complete blood count and an ultrasound of the affected area done

Get back to me with these reports and I will try to resolve your issues

Wishing you a healthy life ahead