Had gall bladder removed, developed pancreatitis and pain in kidney area. Pain decreased after vomiting. Kidney stone?

I recently had my gall bladder removed, two weeks later developed pancreatic (I do not drink!) and now two weeks after that, I am having severe pain in my lower back (kidney area). When I vomited, the pain decreased slightly but it is not gone. It kind of feels like a kidney stone that I had many years ago but I did not vomit with that back then.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
USG abdomen pelvis, Serum amylase, lipase, ALP.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

As you suspected, the symptoms are suggestive of kidney stones.
Kidney stones as itself does not cause pain at all. It cause pain when it start moving down from kidney and block the flow of urine.

I advise you to do Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis.
If stone is not detected by ultrasound, better consider CT scan Abdomen and Intravenous pyelogram. These investigations would be helpful in identifying the size, shape and slocation of stone.

As you Pancreatitis, it may also be the cause for your back pain and vomiting.
Because you recently developed pancreatitis. Please check your serum amylase and lipase level as well as alkaline phosphatase levels. Compare it with your recent levels after recovery from pancreatitis.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.