Had gall bladder removed. Having sharp pain under ribs and trouble with breathing. What is the problem?

I had my gall bladder removed last Wednesday. Over the past two days I started having a sharp sporadic pain under my right ribs and have trouble with breathing XXXXXXX breaths.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

I think you should consult your doctor.

The reason for pain needs to be looked for. Any pain which has come up suddenly after surgery in the region and bothering needs to be looked for.

There could be various reasons for this kind of pain like some swelling at the site of surgery, some leakage in the operating area, issues related to near by organs etc.

It could be external muscular pain or may be due some trivial reason also, but medical examination is required.

Please visit your doctor.

Wishing you good health and speedy recovery.