Had full body massage. Noticed a healing cut at the base of thumb and no bleeding. Chances of HIV?

I had a full body massage.and.after the massage.I noticed.that I had a healing cut from working in the yard at.the base thumb it wasn't bleeding and I don't think the massuese touched that area. There was no sexual contact in any way. What are the chances.of me contracting HIV or any other disease?
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. David Okia 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
No chance

Detailed Answer:
thanks for your question.
The chance of you having got HIV or any disease is zero so don't worry.
I usually like to add a few details for my patients with similar history, HIV is transmitted through contaminated(carrying virus) sharp instruments if your are injured or pricked good example is in hospital if nurse pierces her self with contaminated syringe or drug addicts sharing syringes contaminated with virus, sexual contact with infected person, blood transfusion etc. Its also important to note that the HIV virus does not live long in harsh environment. You can see doctor to look at site of injury for further assurance but don't worry. Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you, if you have more queries.