Had frozen embryo transfer done. Taking progynova and crinone gel. Started bleeding. Worrisome

Question
hello i had a frozen embryo transfer eleven days ago two embryos transfered through iccsi. i have period like pains on and off since and worse some days than others. especially today im worried my period is coming.i am taking eight mlilagram progynova every day and one crinone gel every night should i be worried im due to do my pregnancy test on tuesday
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

When you say that you are worried your period is coming, are you saying that you are having bleeding, or are you just having cramping without bleeding? Please clarify.

Thank you!

Follow-up: Had frozen embryo transfer done. Taking progynova and crinone gel. Started bleeding. Worrisome 2 hours later
hello no its cramping with no blood i woyld just love some reasurance please

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Thank you for the followup and I am sorry for the delay.

We very frequently get calls from patients in early pregnancy with complaints such as yours. In most cases:

1. Cramping without bleeding is of low concern
2. Light bleeding without cramping is of low concern
3. Heavy cramping and bleeding is of concern for a miscarriage (or your period)

Given that the discomfort that you are describing has been present since the time of the transfer, then I think it is likely that it is related to the hormonal stimulation of the ovaries that occurs in preparation of the uterine lining for the transfer. It would be different if you said "I felt great for 10 days and now I feel like I am going to get my period". I would not assume that the transfer was a failure. I would also not get too panicked if you actually experience some bleeding over the next week, as implantation bleeding can almost mimic a period (though it is most often lighter than a normal period).

So try not to worry too much. You have done everything you are supposed to including the progesterone supplementation. In some sense, the fate of this cycle is totally out of your control. You must be realistic about the fact that it might not work, but you are telling me nothing that would make me lose hope that you might be pregnant!

I hope that this helps - if there are any changes or additional symptoms, please feel free to post back to this question!

Follow-up: Had frozen embryo transfer done. Taking progynova and crinone gel. Started bleeding. Worrisome 19 hours later
hello today i have a brownish white discharge when i go to the toilet what could it be please

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 54 minutes later
This might very well just represent early implantation bleeding. Small amounts of blood turns a brownish color. It sounds like it is not like a period by your estimation. It is still not of concern.

Good luck and please leave some feedback!

Follow-up: Had frozen embryo transfer done. Taking progynova and crinone gel. Started bleeding. Worrisome 15 minutes later
ok thank you the feedback you gave me is brillant and very much appreciated when i was in the tpilet just know the discharge was a greenish colour is that ok

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 8 minutes later
That is probably okay- it might be related to the progesterone gel plus a small amount of blood- it would be best evaluated on Tuesday when you go in for you labs!

Good luck and please leave feedback on the site!

Follow-up: Had frozen embryo transfer done. Taking progynova and crinone gel. Started bleeding. Worrisome 7 minutes later
im doing a pregnancy test at home on tuesday would you recommend a blood check also please

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
I think that the urine pregnancy test is appropriate. If it is negative, and you still don't get your period, then a blood test would be the next step.

I really hope that this goes well for you. Please take a moment to leave feedback and close this question. It has been a pleasure helping you on this site!