Had frenuloplasty. Noticed yellow fluid around stitches. Using sofradex cream. Should I be worried?

hi had frenuloplasty on 6th oct 2012 and my doctor says stitches will take time to fall, however i searched on internet people say it takes 3 to 7 days only.
As per the medical XXXXXXX i can see he used chromium 3-0 for stitches.
And Some stitches wires are embedded inside skin and cause little discomfort sometimes during erection and pulling foreskin back,2-3 small yellow dots are also there near top stitch,area around top stitch is bit red and around other stitches there are very small lumps. Also there is a yellow fluid around the stitches every morning and night. i am using a sofradex cream which gives relief.
Is my condition fine or i need to do something in order to avoid infection or any future problems ?
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX
Chromic catgut takes about 3 weeks to fall.
The way you have describd as lumps is how it usually appears , as the stitch goes inside the tissues and knotted outside to hold the tissues together.
Erection discomfort will subside soon.
Catgut is known to produce some tissue reaction and you are experiencing some of them.
You need physical examination when---
1. there is fever.
2. severe pain.
3. suture line is swollen.
Otherwise there is nothing to worry, kindly use the same cream and take daily showers to keep the area clean.

Get well soon.
Follow-up: Had frenuloplasty. Noticed yellow fluid around stitches. Using sofradex cream. Should I be worried? 6 hours later
thanks for answering. i need some clarification on following point
1. when water touches the stitches area, i feel small sharp pain.
2. are these stitches completely made up of metal, because i can feel some metal under the new grown skin, probably it is not knotted properly ? how will it come out ?
Actually my doctor who did surgery doesn't talk much, he dont even care to see is everything alright. when i visited him he just seen from distance and for a second and said its fine you can go.
thanks again for your support.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 31 minutes later

Welcome back.
Its unfortunate that only such doctors have good practice!
The suture is made from sheep's intestine and that is why reaction is more, as it is a foreign protein. There is no metal.
Whether it is knotted properly or not, we can't do anything now.
In about three weeks the part in contact with the body dissolves and so the visible part falls off.
Hope this helps, don't be worried so much, you will be alright.