Had fractured ankle after accident. Have had plastered done. What causes inability to walk properly after plaster removal?

Hi Doctor, My name isXXXXX and on 27-09-2013 in a road accident my left ankle fractured. I could not walk at that point of time. On the same day of my accident I consulted in NDMC hospital Motibagh and they given plastered for 15 days. However after 15 days I got another X-ray and as per the report doctor's plastered my leg with the hard one plaster for another 15 day. Now I have removed my plaster and can walk little bit, however it pains me a lot, also I can't walk properly. So please suggest if I should consult again to Aurtho doctor again.
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 16 hours later
Brief Answer: yes, consult the ortho doctor again Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am sorry about the accident. I have read your query thoroughly. A little pain is expected after removing the plaster, and it takes time for the fracture to heal completely. So, there will be some amount of limping for a month more. I am glad that you are able to walk now. Do not worry about the pain, it will subside soon. However, do not strain your ankle more. Do not walk too much or stand for long time. You can also consult your doctor again for a review check and prescription of pain killers. Get well soon.
Follow-up: Had fractured ankle after accident. Have had plastered done. What causes inability to walk properly after plaster removal? 2 hours later
Dear Doctor, Thanks for your quick response on my issue. I had consulted with doctor he said nothing to worry about as you mentioned above. I really appreciate your service and comments it's very helpful. Regards, XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 43 hours later
Brief Answer: thank you too Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX It is my pleasure to help you. I am glad that the doctor said the same. Take care and get well soon.