Had fracture, put in plaster cast instead of hand splint. Worried about misalignment of finger

Orthopaedic Surgeon
This is a fracture done by my son in sport a bit over 3 weeks is the latest x XXXXXXX and I am worried about the misalignment of the finger as it was never realigned. Instead it was put in a plaster cast (splintered too tight) when I am told it should have been put in a hand splint and referred on to a specialist. The growth plate was apparently the worry. I undersatnd as he is young the further growth should assist with correction - but am also worried re complications later in life. So pls advise re the mislignment and future problems. X-Ray in my profile section under Reports as I could not find anywhere else to upload it for you to see...hope you can access that or pls advise where else/how I can send it.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The extent of mal alignment and the healing that has taken place can only be assessed after looking at the X-ray reports.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better.
I look forward to hearing back from you as we work to provide you with an informative response related to this query. If you have other concerns I would be happy to address them as well.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.