Had fluttering feeling in chest, fatigue, soreness, chest tightness. Heat exhaustion?

Hi yesterday during work I think I experienced dehydration (had butterfly feeling in chest and felt like I better sit down). I working as a mechanic in heat so I took a 30 min break and drank water, and felt better. I had 2hrs to work until the end of the day and when I got home I was fatigued, sore and had some chest tightness. Then today I feel better but am still tired and have tightness in my chest. I'm wondering if this is heat exhaustion?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Heat exhaustion may cause symptoms like yours. In this circumstance I think it would be a good idea to check your serum electrolyte levels. Dehydration can cause electrolyte depletion along with water depletion.

Besides heat exhaustion cardiological and pulmonary conditions can cause chest tightness and fatigue. If symptoms are troubling and doesn't improve in the next few hours, consider visiting your doctor for evaluation.

Hope the answer helps you. Please to answer other queries.