Had flu vaccination. Started coughing with no fever, no energy and no pain. Any solution?

Dec 2012

I have been coughing for two weeks, no energy, aches.. no significant fever..feel wiped out. I did get the flu shot about four days before I started feeling icky.
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 hours later

From your past medical history it is but normal to be feeling like your used up (no energy) when ever you acquire an illness. You have been on chemo and radiation which are factors that can contribute to fatigue even in the long run.
The cough might be due to a chest infection and lack of energy might be due to an underlying cause like anemia. I suggest that you revisit your cancer specialist so he can run some blood work and probably chest x-ray so as to determine the specific cause or causes of your problems. You should know that after being a victim of cancer, you could still develop another cancer ( as risk of recurrent cancer increases with previous cancer affection).
Your doctor will need to a complete check up of all your vital organs too.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah