Had flu like symptoms, noticed legs were red and sore to touch with lymph glands on groin. Suggest?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Had flu like symptoms for two days, last night I noticed that one of my legs below the knee was bright red and sore to touch. Further inspection also showed red lymph glands in groin, on one side. Is this worthy of an ER visit, or just keep treating symptoms
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
yes it is better to visit a doctor/ER

Detailed Answer:

Yes you have to visit the doctor as your symptoms of redness, tenderness and inguinal nodes point to some infection.

The doctor can decide about antibiotics only after examination.

Good luck

Dr Uma