Had fistula repaired from gastric bypass. What diet should be followed?

I had a fistula repaired 4 weeks ago from a gastric bypass 18 years ago. Just looking for the food break down for a 1200 to 1400 calories diet. How many fruit, starch, fat, oz of protein in a day. I cannot remember and cannot find
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 4 hours later

Post Gastrointestinal surgery the diet should be easily digestible.

Because post surgery the GI needed adequate rest to heal quickly.

1. Eat frequent small portions of meal(6 times a day). This will help in easy digestion and prevent constipation.

2. Cut down on high fat diet.

3. Proteins should be taken 1 gm/kg. This will help in fast wound healing.
Milk is a good source.

4. Drink plenty of water.

For 1500 calories per day.

Breakfast(500 Calories).
1. Egg
2. Whole grains.
3. Oranges.

Brunch(100 calories)
2. Milk

Lunch(500 calories)

Tea(100 calories)

Super(300 calories).

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.

Follow-up: Had fistula repaired from gastric bypass. What diet should be followed? 4 days later
This did not answer my question. I would like to know how many dairy, fat, fruit, vegetable, protein and starch servings I sould have per day on a 1400 to 1500 calorie diet for a gastric bypass patient. I found the info for no bypass patients but I know my protein intake should be about 50%. I make a check list so I am sure I am getting enough of each category. I just began on solids after the fistula repair and do not have the break down. My doctor sent me something similar to what you wrote but I was hoping to get the breakdown. For example....3 servings fruits, 3 servings vegetables, 2 fats, 6 protein...etc. Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 5 hours later

Doctors will be able to provide you general dietary instructions.

What you're asking is a personalised diet chart.

For this you may need the assistance of a dietician.

This subject is out of the scope of any doctor to do.

kindly do seek the help of a dietician.