Had first trimester missed abortion. Was on progesterone. Would it be avoided with HCG injection and duvadilan?

I had a first trimester missed abortion at 36 years of age.Had it been avoided if I would have taken Hcg inj and duvadilan tablets though I use to take vaginal micronised progesterone.Only symptom was mild abdominal and leg cramping for few days which stopped after bed rest.
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Missed abortion is an unfortunate result of fate . One cannot say for certain why these things occur. There is no concrete reason to determine the cause of abortions . But yes sometimes added hormones like progesterone and HCG help avoid such problems esp in case of high risk cases. But there is no certainty that inspite of these things the abortion would be avoided. By my point of view i would have suggeted you take them since you are 36 and in the high risk category.