Had fingering and took ipill. Having bleeding with itching and pain in vagina. Is it normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hello Doctor, I want some help.. Last week I had been to my girlfriend's place as she was alone. We slept together, got intimate but we never had an intercourse.. I did do fingering. But we both were scared and decided to take unwanted 72 tablet. She took it after 1.5 half days. and now after a week, she is bleeding in small amount. she is also having etching and pain in the vagina. She had checked for pregnancy which was negative. Please help us.Her periods are due on 27th. Is it normal? Please help..!
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Teen Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 48 minutes later

Without proper sexual intercourse, she never be pregnant with just fingering. She will also get additional protection (near about 85%) as she took unwanted 72 tab after 1.5 days. Here, you have nothing to worry.

Next thing, she got withdrawal bleeding after a week due to effect of the pill. It is quite common and normal phenomena. But upcoming period may be delayed for 1-2 weeks from due date. It occurs due to hormonal imbalance and mental stress.

Early home pregnancy test is nothing significant. Ideally, one home pregnancy test is advisable in case of period delayed more than one week and she must need doctor's consultation for next line management of the case.

Vaginal pain and itching may be due to infection or improper genital hygiene. To confirm the diagnosis, one vaginal swab test is required after consultation with doctor. Proper antibiotic medication and vaginal suppository at bed time can eliminate this type of problem.

Practice safe sex in future. Maintain genital hygiene properly. Try to avoid mental stress.

Hope, it helps for your information. Let me know for more clarification.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen