Had fever. Salmonella typhi O titre beyond range, typhoid. Oflomac and paracetamol good treatment?

Dear doctor, I am suffering from fever since 31st Dec 2011. When I went to doctor, he gave me paracetamol & antibiotic for 3 days, After 3 days, in the blood test, it came out Salmonella Typhi O Titre and H Titre are beyond range. Then doctor told me that this is Typhoid and gave me Oflomac 200 mg and paracetamol for 5 days. Is the treatment is fine? Please let me know
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Radhika 16 minutes later

You have provided me with good information.

You are suffering form Typhoid fever and you have been treated with Oflomac and Paracetamol.

OFLOMAC belongs to a group of antibiotics called the Quinolones. Quinolones are used in the treatment of Typhoid.

Other Antibiotics, such as ampicillin, chloramphenicol, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin (Quinolones), have been commonly used to treat typhoid fever in developed countries.

So, he has given you the right medicine. Take the medicine as suggested and drink sufficient fluids and take rest. Do not eat any oily food and avoid smoking and alcohol if you take.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.