Had febrile seizure during fever. Suggested Frisium during slight fever. Advice?

Daughter had febrile seizure when she had fever from an infection. Doc said Frisium should be taken everytime she has a slight fever till 5 yrs. Is it right?
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not necessisarily

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Pediatrics, working with an experienced Pediatrician . I answer on his behalf.

No, taking Frisium (Clobazam) is not necessary in a child with febrile seizures. The main motive should be in avoiding high temperature and control the temperature in any infection with techniques like Tepid sponging and or paracetamol.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Had febrile seizure during fever. Suggested Frisium during slight fever. Advice? 3 minutes later
But wouldn't taking Frisium prevent a febrile seizure from occurring?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Temperature is the main trigger for a febrile seizure. Controlling temperature is the best method to prevent Seizure episode. Frisium comes into use after or during an episode of seizure.