Had fallopian tube removed. What will happen to the eggs produced in the ovary, will they cause cyst?

I went in to have cysts removed from my my ovaries, the left side was resolving itself so the doctor left that ovary and Fallopian tube alone, but the cyst on the right was over 6 cm so they removed it. When they removed it they found it around the Fallopian tube, not the actual ovary, and have removed that Fallopian tube as it was damaged. I forgot to ask him, as he said the ovaries were healthy, what happens to the eggs my right ovary produces, where do they go to with no Fallopian tube, will they cause more cysts, and would it be useful or helpful to go back onto depoprovera shots to stop my ovaries producing more eggs???
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 47 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
This is good to know that your ovaries are healthy. Eggs do not produce cysts if they don't find a tube near by. They may vanish by natural degradation or migrate to the other tube inside your abdomen. If you are not desirous of fertility you may discuss a suitable birth control with your gynecologist. You certainly not need a depo provera shot just to keep your eggs from forming a cyst.
Hope I have addressed your concerns. Please write back if you have any question.
Best regards.
Follow-up: Had fallopian tube removed. What will happen to the eggs produced in the ovary, will they cause cyst? 2 days later
I am glad to know they 'disappear' into degradation, is it common for the eggs to migrate over to the other Fallopian tube or highly unusual?? Also, how long should I wait before being able to have sexual relations with my partner after this type of surgery as he is worried about hurting me inside?? When can I start doing my usual exercise routine again of cycling and rowing machines, and gardening such as weeding with a hoe, rake, trimming branches off overgrown bushes etcetera?? My only other surgeries have always involved a long scar and lengthy recuperation time period, and this one just doesn't feel the same. I don't want to overdo it early, which I might without realising it so what would be a wise indicator??
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 26 minutes later
No, this is just a theoretical but definite possibility for eggs to migrate to the other tube.
I think it would be safe for you to have sex, 6 weeks after the procedure & all exercises & routines that put strain to your abdominal area should be postponed till 6 month after the procedure. This is just a general advise, however you must discuss this with your treating doctor, at a follow up visit after assessment of your general health.
Hope this answers your query. Please write back if you have any more question.
Wish you good health & a quick recovery.