Had fallen, nose is swollen with yellowish bruising on the bridge. Had turbinate surgery and septum fixed

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a fall Sunday afternoon and met a XXXXXXX walkway with my face. I'm scraped up and my nose is swollen with some bruising on either side as well as yellowish bruising on the bridge. It is sore all over but there is a spot on the left side that is particularly sore and when I run my finger lightly over that area, it sends a tingle direct to the tip of my nose.

As background info, I had turbinate surgery last November on the side and deviated septum fixed on the other. Wondering if you think it's likely I've broken my nose?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 minutes later
The swelling on your nose is likely to be due to a hemorrhage in the soft tissues of the nose. There could be a hematoma formation due to a broken bone in the area. The tingling sensation that you feel is likely to be due to a mild compression of the nerve fibers in the area.
It is best to get the area physically examined and get an X-ray done to find out any bone injury. Do a cold compress till then on the swollen area to reduce the swelling.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.