Had fallen and felt knee pain. Now developed into bump and pain during kneeling and when pressed. Suggest?

Excellent

Spine Surgeon
Question
I had a very bad fall (three steps) last year and i started to feel a little pain just under my knee, on the front part of my leg bone. now it developed into a bump/lump andd i feel disconfort after long time of inactivity ond pain during kneeling and touch the bump on the floor/hard objects. Ie when I put pressure on it. Is the problem related to the fall? it is normal to have such a bump? and It is normal to fell some disconfort?
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 11 hours later
I think you had injured the tibial tuberosity, bony prominence below the knee cap. Does it hurt on extending the knee? I would suggest to consult orthopaedic doctor and get knee xrays. Sometimes excessive bone formation occur at the spot and it may give the feeling of the bump.
Please get the xrays of the knee and if possible upload it. Thanks.

Follow-up: Had fallen and felt knee pain. Now developed into bump and pain during kneeling and when pressed. Suggest? 8 minutes later
yes it hurt sometimes.
i will take the xrays.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 13 hours later
Let me know if you any other doubts. Thanks.