Had fainting episode. Doctor said Prominent Lung Markings. Meaning?

I recently had a fainting episode where I was taken to an E.R. Part of the workup they did was a chest x-ray. I saw my cardiologist to rule out any sort of abnormal heartbeat. But, when I was allowed to see the report by the E.R. doctor, on my report, there was this quick sentence that said "Prominent Lung Markings Noted". Neither the E.R. doctor nor my G.P. made any mention of this at all. Is this something I should be concerned with? Or is it just a normal finding? Please help! Thank you.
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Aparna Amritsagar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing your query to us.

Prominent lung markings are seen in infection in respiratory passage, smokers, and allergies. Hope you are not a smoker. If you are a smoker, you should quit at the earliest, otherwise nothing more needs to be done presently. As long as you are not symptomatic, you need not worry.

I hope I have answered your query. In case you have any further question, I will be happy to help you.