Had fainting dizzy spells, lower abdomen pain. Told to be pregnant but have tubes tied. Blood test positive

Excellent

Question
Two weeks ago I went to Er with fainting dizzy spells, they said I was dehydrated and told me I was preg. I was floored because I had tubes cut tied and burned 12 years ago! They had done a blood qualatative test and it was positive, she then did a quantitative and it was less than 1. Could I be preg still? I am having severe lower left abdominal pain tonight and can't move without it shooting sharp pains.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go to the ER, get an urgent ultrasound pelvis

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry but it seems like you are in a critical situation.

Yes, it is possible for some with cut tubes to get pregnant. The failure rates of surgical sterilization procedures is almost 2 %. Yours may be one such case.

The doctors at the ER told you that you were pregnant. But did they do an ultrasound of the pelvis to look inside the uterus?

It is possible that you could still be pregnant.

Severe lower left abdominal pain in not a good sign specially with shooting sharp pains.

In my view, you should go back to the ER and get an urgent ultrasound of the pelvis area to look into the uterus.

Get well soon.

Follow-up: Had fainting dizzy spells, lower abdomen pain. Told to be pregnant but have tubes tied. Blood test positive 9 minutes later
Thank you for responding! They did not do anything else after the quantative was less than one. I went to obgyn a week ago tomorrow who did a urine test that day that was negative and ran lab work but I won't have results till Monday of next week! He said he didn't think I was preg since the quant was less than 1 . I'm tired of being sick!! I thought I was better till this pain has started!

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Still insist on going to ER

Detailed Answer:

Yes, I do agree with your doctor that you may not be pregnant with a value of less than 1. However, in view of your continued shooting pain abdomen, you MUST get an ultrasound of the abdomen along with the uterus.

Please do not suffer much with pain. Go to the ER and request for an ultrasound of whole abdomen with Uterus.