Had face injury, broke cheek, orbitable bones, nose and dislocated jaw. Had screw inserted. Have dizziness and pain

Orthopaedic Surgeon
In August of this year, I had a tramatic face injury, in which I broke my right cheek and orbitable bones which required metal plates and screws to be inserted. I also broke my nose and dislocated my jaw. The problem now is I am still having dizziness, a thumping in my right ear, and a lot of pain in on the right side of my head above and back of my ear. Also, sounds, sound like they are coming from inside a seashell or bucket. Very muffeled.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suggest injury to petrous bone[internal ear]

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case. You have had multiple fractures of facial bones and therefore the possible cause may be related to petrous temporal bone [internal ear] injury. Injury to the inner ear leads to dysfunction ear ossicles and associated infection like serous otitis media which causes dizziness and tinnitus.

I am not sure if this was looked by your doctor. If not, I will advise you to go for ear [tympanic membrane] examination and examination for intactness of ear ossicles. If required we may need to do CT scan of skull to see any injury to petrous temporal bone.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.