Had face and head numbness. MRI scan showed foci signal abnormality in pons. Had stroke. Having numbness again. Remedy?

Neurologist, Surgical
Hi my name is XXXXXXX about 3 1/2 years ago I was getting left side face numbness and numbness in the head that wrapped around the left side past my ear and to the back of my head. I went to the neurologist and the mri said that their was foci signal abnormality in the pons which looked like small vessels however not likely due to my age. It said rule out possible demyelinating disease. Eventually I had a mri where this lesion disappeared? Recently I have been seeing a rheumotologist and started to get numbness again near my lips and nose and hip. She said to go back to the neurologist due to the fact that I am showing signs for MS. I took another MRI without contrast (I have allergies) and the lesion? is back. I had an episode that led me to the ER. I had left side numbness and thought I had a stroke. A stroke was ruled out and a phone call was made to my nuero. He seemed concerned that now I have MS but when I took another MRI the lesion? has no change? What is going on? Please help? They want me to go for a spinal? Does this sound like MS or something else? I also came up with a low XXXXXXX titer of 1:80 with a nucleolar pattern? All bands for lymes test was negative except for Band #41 igg flagellan?
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Stroke vs MS

Detailed Answer:
Dear ma,am
My best wishes for a speedy recovery
I have gone through your medical history in detail
Symptomatically you have clinical signs of a stroke .
BUT stroke has definite MRI features ,unlike MS which can develop waxing waning features on MRI as well as clinically
I would suggest you

1. to get your MRI BRAIN (previous & new one ) compared properly with an expert radiologist ,who can clearly mention if it is stroke/MS

2. get symptomatic treatment for your symptoms under some neurologist

3. if suspicion of stroke is high on MRI, get proper cardiac check up for you . as such stroke is very uncommon at your age

4 if suspicion of MS is high , get your CSF examination for OLIGOCLONAL ANTIBODIES & complete eye check up for any optic disc plaques

Dr Praveen k XXXXXXX
deptt of neurosurgery