Had eye surgery due to hole in eye because of hot grease. Now have a solid white mass. Is it normal?

Ophthalmologist
Question
I had eye surgery due to hole in my eye because of hot grease. Now I have a solid white mass in that area. Is that normal?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
You have to give us details of the part where the surgery was done.
It was sclera,the white of the eye,cornea,the black part or some where else.
since i presume this was cornea,that will leave a white scar as the healing occurs with fibrosis and that will remain white unless it taken care of by lamellar keratoplasty.
Do get back to me with relevent details or if there is any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Had eye surgery due to hole in eye because of hot grease. Now have a solid white mass. Is it normal? 6 minutes later
It was the sclera part located near the the nose right under where the white mass is.

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 20 minutes later
My Dear,
This is not what i had thought.
This will over the passage of time reduce significantly with tratment.
It looks unsightly to begin with,but will becme better otherwise a corrective surgery can be planned after some time.

Follow-up: Had eye surgery due to hole in eye because of hot grease. Now have a solid white mass. Is it normal? 3 minutes later
Thank you for your time! :)

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 6 minutes later
You are welcome !