Had excessive masturbating and now stopped. Feeling sick, pain in lower back and tired to keep erection. Suggest?

Question
Hello doctor, my name is XXXXX. I am a 23 year old male. For the past 4 months I've been excessively masturbating (ejaculation) to internet porn. I would say about on average 2-3 times (of ejaculation) a day followed by another 1-2 times another day in the week. So about 5-6 times on average per week. I've stopped about 2 weeks ago as soon I started feeling a little sick and felt weird pain in my lower back area, right above pelvis. As soon as I get erection I feel a little tense below my waist as if I feel too tired to keep it unlike before. I want to know whether the pain will go away by it self? I do not have any pain when i urinate or in testicles. My urine is most of the time light yellowish.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not be concerned...

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Though masturbation is a normal phenomena, excessive masturbation does make a person feel exhausted. The symptoms recover with time and rest.

In the current circumstance, the 2 weeks lower back area pain may not be related to masturbation; at least not a serious concern. Perhaps this might be a strained muscles / ligaments following excessive masturbation or may be mild genitourinary infection independent of the latest acts.

In all probabilities, I am not very concerned. I would recommend you to drink plenty of fluids to remain hydrated. Use lose clothing to support scrotum. If it's more than discomfort (hurting you), you can try over the counter pain killer for few days. I write ibuprofen 200mg twice a day after food for 3-5 days to my patients with similar symptoms. In addition, you can also use cranberry juice for its antimicrobial properties.

With adequate rest and the aforementioned measures, I expect you to feel better by a week or two. If this discomfort persist, you should proceed to your local doctor and plan for ultrasound examination.

Hope this help. Feel free to discuss further and clarify your doubts/concerns.

Good luck

Follow-up: Had excessive masturbating and now stopped. Feeling sick, pain in lower back and tired to keep erection. Suggest? 11 minutes later
thank you Dr. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Prasad 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome...

Detailed Answer:
If you have no more enquiries, I would appreciate if you can leave a feed back after closing this discussion.

Good luck!!